A dedicated team of over 125 volunteer industry experts at your service.
For Entrepreneurs: The Support You Need to Grow.
While lectures and workshops help entrepreneurs begin their endeavors, MCE believes that to succeed, they need access to people with real-world experience: people who have “been there, done that”. Many entrepreneurs find they lack the deep and wide network of relationships in relevant industries necessary for the growth of their business.
As a solution to this common challenge, MCE has developed a dedicated team of volunteer industry experts to better serve Maine companies and organizations looking to grow and scale. We pair strong mentors with high-potential entrepreneurs for best results.
When entrepreneurs choose to work with MCE, they are given access to a network of seasoned professionals, with worldwide connections and deep industry knowledge to assist them in their growth. Specifically, MMN mentors provide support to Maine companies in the following ways:
1. Mentor Meet-Ups
MMN mentors meet regularly with members who participate in our entrepreneur programs like Top Gun and Cultivator.
2. Specialized Assistance
MMN mentors also act as providers of specialized assistance on an as-needed basis to program enrollees and workshop attendants.
3. One-on-One Mentoring
Maine entrepreneurs can also schedule one-hour-long, one-on-one meetings with MMN mentors during occasional office hours.
4. Pitch Training
MMN mentors provide additional expertise and guidance during our Top Gun program by providing tips and constructive feedback during Pitch labs.
Become a Mentor: Helping Maine Businesses Succeed
What’s in it for our mentors? MMN mentors receive the satisfaction of helping build Maine’s entrepreneurial community while experiencing exposure to fresh talent, technologies, energy, and ideas, as well as opportunities to expand their own business networks during bi-monthly, mentor-only events.
Who Should Join?
Business Professionals who:
- Are interested in sharing their experience
- Want to see the Maine Entrepreneurial Community grow and succeed
- Are ready to “give back and pay it forward”
- Would want to network with other professionals
What is My Time Commitment?
The Maine Mentor Network provides a variety of ways to participate. With a focus on Top Gun and Cultivator there are opportunities for short-term or long-term assignments
- Choose how much time they are willing to commit
- Target the type of companies they can best serve
- Identify a meeting format that will maximize their impact
When Can I Apply?
Open Applications. Apply anytime!
Mentorship opportunity begins when your application is accepted
- One on One relationship
- Guides Entrepreneur
- Assists in identifying needs
- Part of mentoring team
- Provides specific area expertise
- Attends and assists entrepreneurs in one or more learning sessions
- Meets with Entrepreneurs once or twice to discuss a single topic or challenge
Assessment Mentor (Cultivator Only)
- Works with specific companies to assess opportunities for growth development