Opening: Part-Time Program and Marketing Coordinator
We believe that helping entrepreneurs build successful, scalable businesses is the best way to support Maine’s economy and tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We do this through training and by connecting our clients with a network of mentors, investors, government resources, and the specialists they need to succeed.
We are now searching for an experienced Program and Marketing Coordinator; one who prides him/herself with attention to detail, is passionate about execution, and achieving maximum effectiveness. The position is based at our offices in Portland, Maine with an opportunity for remote work.
Working in a fast-paced environment, the part-time Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director, in close collaboration with MCE’s Program Managers. He/she will be responsible for assisting MCE Program Managers and Executive Director in planning and coordinating workshops and other events as well as developing MCE’s marketing strategy & communication plan. This position will also be responsible for creating online (website/social media/newsletters) marketing materials and content and other marketing materials, and perform administrative tasks as needed. This includes logistics in recruiting speakers, mentors and program applicants for all of MCE’s programs.
- Manages MCE’s social media outreach, newsletters, etc.
- Manages website content and updates.
- Assists with marketing and event logistics, including scheduling, catering and recruitment of speakers.
- Assists with Marketing Strategy & Plan Development & Coordination.
- Assists in developing and printing brochures and flyers.
- Supports communications to program
- Participates in planning meetings/ conference
- Schedules meetings with prospective and current clients as needed.
- Attends Board of Director and Committee meeting and takes minutes.
- Occasional travel to statewide MCE events as required.
- Light filing and database management.
- Other administrative support as required.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 3 years experience in marketing, excellent communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collaborate in a team setting. He/she will demonstrate independent thinking and enthusiastically manage both new and more routine tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in Excellent editing skills.
- Extensive experience with web software/design. (WordPress experience a plus)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast-‐paced environme
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- Knowledgeable or quick learner in CRM platforms (we use HubSpot)
- Strong interpersonal skills (brings poise, diplomacy, relationship building -and is always a team-player).
Part-Time Position: 20 Hours Per Week
Please send resume to:
Attn: Tom Rainey
Maine Center for Entrepreneurs
68 Commercial Street, Building C
Portland, ME 04101
Maine Center for Entrepreneurs
Established in 1997, the Maine Center for Entrepreneurs (MCE) is one of the state’s leading business incubator, accelerator and economic development organizations. MCE‘s mission is to provide training, mentoring, networking, and serve as a clearinghouse for information to promote business and economic development and sustainable job growth in Maine.
MCE helps client companies overcome development challenges by providing connections to mentors, trade data, investment and funding organizations as well as other business resources. As a non-profit organization, MCE is funded through fees paid by client and member companies and a network of program sponsors, event sponsorships, registration fees, and federal, state, and foundation grants.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, age, disability, or any other non-job-related factors.